Friday, August 8, 2008

Russia Invades Georgia

No... Not Georgia in the United States. But just wow. I know tensions are always tough between Russia and the countries who have broken apart from the former soviet union but I just didn't see this one coming. Probably do to my own blindness to the region.



Georgia's president said today that his country is under attack by Russian tanks and warplanes, and he accused Russia of targeting civilians as tensions over the breakaway Georgian region of South Ossetia appeared to boil over into full-blown conflict. The United States is calling for an immediate cease-fire.

I find it extremely hypocritical that the United States is calling for a cease fire. I mean, it's sweet and all but honestly, we invade two countries, one of which Russia invaded once before but now we have the right to tell another country that they should cease all military actions?

What a bummer note on an exciting day

Story: CNN

No comments: