Sunday, August 3, 2008

My greatest fear


So last night I stayed up REALLY LATE watching the USA Basketball team play Russia. It was a great game but I was up until 4 am. I will be like that for the next 3 weeks while I watch the USA team bring glory back to America in international play.

Anyway, it's about 10 am and I haven't slept much as you can imagine. All of a sudden I hear my kids say they see a crab in the bathroom. I was half asleep so I mostly ignore this. My wife was awake and went to see what was going on. It turns out that there was a
hairy desert scorpion, or Hadrurus arizonensis pallidus for the technical nuts that may grace my page. I'm sure most reading this would be like, so what? It's a non lethal scorpion to humans. But then I'd have to respond by screaming like a little girl - so get off my back about it!

So I went into combat mode because my wife definitely wasn't going to get rid of the scorpion. I grabbed my sons
Cars slippers and shoved my toes in there as far as it could go. Then I grabbed my Etnies sandals and rammed my hands into them like I was some surfer warrior and slowly snuck into the bathroom.

The battle itself was anticlimactic but it was my first encounter with said desert demon spawn from hell and I did not like it.

--

And on an after thought while I was searching google for a good image of a scorpion to post in this blog I came across not only my number one fear but my number two fear all in the same picture. A Scorpion and a Naked French man. That's right, it's an anti AIDs ad where a naked french man is having sex with a scorpion on his back with his venomous tail pointing at the mans head. OH GOD it's spooky.

2 comments:

The Pajama Pundit said...

Ew.

Gross.

Battle on my friend. Battle on.

Anonymous said...

lol I love the 2nd photo. totally creepy. ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

tricia